Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 03 October 2002 19:59:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Robert Dee Freeholder states that in CDM regs he is entitled to all the tenants' contracts, plans, specifications and health and safety plan when Tenant has completed work. The same tenant continues in occupation on full repairing Lease for another 10 years. I find nothing in regulations to say that. Is he correct?
Admin  
#2 Posted : 03 October 2002 21:27:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Allan St.John Holt I'd say he's not right, although there aren't any test cases as far as I know. The point is that the client gets the file at the end of the work, and for my money the client is the person who pays over the money for the work. There may be a case for saying that at the end of the tenancy the file should be left behind - but no test cases. So I'd suggest to the freeholder that he finds out the expensive legal way if he's sure and feels lucky! Allan