Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 21 October 2002 13:21:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Andy Stokes Accompanying our recent (and first ever) improvement notice is a letter (not part of the Schedule) from the Inspector stating that he feels our on-site risk assessment should be modified. In particular he feels details such as emergency procedures, nearest telephone, mobile reception etc. should be included. My understanding (and in the teaching on external courses and the Diploma) is that the risk assessment includes identifying hazards and controls, people at risk but the above have never been mentioned as required. As a normal process we include these on what might be called a Job Sheet because in general I would not normally view these as suitable control measures to reduce the risk of an incident. Any others experience this? Do training events and qualification content need reviewing?
Admin  
#2 Posted : 21 October 2002 15:19:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Bob Pedley I tend to agree with the inspector Andy. Your emergency procedures should always be considered as they may be affected by the activities referred to in the risk assessment. If they are affected then communication of the temporary arrangements will be required. In training terms it is part of the "thinking outside the box" when considering inputs, processes and outputs Bob