Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 15 November 2002 16:36:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Colin SK Welch I have been asked to acquire a copy of Food Hygiene Regulations and have been told that they are often referred to as HACCUPS. Forgive my ignorance but I have not come across this before can anyone enlighten me please? Also, where can I get a copy?
Admin  
#2 Posted : 15 November 2002 17:01:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Bill Elliott The Regs you are referring to are the Food Safety (General Food Hygiene)Regulations 1995 and HACCP is Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points. These, of course, are not the only Regs that would have a bearing on a food business, the Food Safety(Temperature Control) Regs 1995 also play a huge part. Unless you are familiar with both these Regs and the Food Safety Act 1990 you would be wise to seek professional help. Summaries of the legislation are likely to be found on the Chartred Institute of Environmental Health website www.cieh.org or the Food Standards Agency www.foodstandards.gov.uk Good Luck
Admin  
#3 Posted : 18 November 2002 15:19:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Nigel Hammond Get hold of a Copy of the 'Industry Guide to Good Hygiene Practice: Catering Guide' It gives guidance on the two regulations just mentioned and tells you how to do HACCP. It's also what Environmental Health Officers use for their inspections. My copy cost £3.60. It's available from HMSO.
Admin  
#4 Posted : 18 November 2002 16:58:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Mark J. Jones ISBN numbers as follows: The Food Safety Act 1990: 0-10-541690-8. The Food Safety (General Food Hygiene) Regulations 1995: 0-11-053227-9. Industry Guide to Good Hygiene Practice: Catering Guide: 0-900-103-00-0. The Act and Regulations are available from any HMSO Books or can be ordered from a book store and the Industry Guide from the Chadwick House Group on 020 7827 5882. The Industry Guide covers the regulations and provides guide to compliance/advice on good practice.