Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 21 November 2002 10:39:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Des Daly
I have been asked to provide Risk Assessment training for our managers and supervisers.
It seems to me that I can go to numerous external training organisations offering 1 day risk assessment courses for about £90 per person. As usual the directors have said

" That's too expensive, why can't you provide the training? After all we paid for your NEBOSH Diplomas and thought you could do everything".

I wearily replied that although I do train, my trainig skills do not extend to all things. Does anyone know of a 'Train the Trainer course that I could suggest I be sent on?
Admin  
#2 Posted : 21 November 2002 11:24:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ken Lucas
Des

The IOSH Teaching, training and presentation skills course will probably give you what you want. It does not result in a formal qualification but the prgramme appears to be a good fit. It is being run in Feb', May and Dec' next year - contact Zoe Whitehead at IOSH 0116-2573124.

Ken
Admin  
#3 Posted : 21 November 2002 11:35:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Paul Craythorne
Des,

If you can't get on a course in a reasonable time and you need to get the training done soon then I have a friend who is a self employed consultant and would charge you a flat day rate for up to about 10-12 delegates. Don't quote me but I think this could be between £250 and £300 per day.

Alternatively, I occassionally do freelance work and would be happy to help you out at a reasonable rate.

E-mail me direct by clicking on my name at the top of this response if you want further information.

Regards,

Paul
Admin  
#4 Posted : 22 November 2002 09:45:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Leon Zacharow
Des

I have recently completed a Profession Trainers Certificate course which is a Chartered Institute of Environmental Health accredited course run by different establishments. It is a three day course which I believe would fit your requirements.

I did mine at West Kent College in Tonbridge, but if you went on the CIEH web site I'm sure you could find a provider near you.

Hope this helps.

Leon
Admin  
#5 Posted : 22 November 2002 13:56:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Helen McCluskey
Northern Technologies in Nelson, Lancashire carry out the Professional trainer certificate. i did the course last year and founf this very useful. also with the qualification, you are able to deliver CIEH courses, i.e. basic health and safety, manual handling (with one years experience). Risk assessment principles and practice (two years experience) and so on.