Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 19 December 2002 16:57:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Steve Plant Tried Education support forum - deathly silence so being keen placed it here Anyone stumbled across any peer reviewed papers, or documentation of similar authority,critically evaluating the impact of HS(G)65 on UK organisations. Also any similar level research on 1st line supervision/middle managers discussing in particular the context in which they find themselves,and any tensions which may exist, as their organisations adopt more systematic approaches to H&S management.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 24 December 2002 14:54:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Bob Youel Whilst I have not seen an exact evaluation re HSG65 I have experience with evaluation of other management systems [all are basically the same - just differing names.] To date a reason is needed to take on and work a system. If the reason is seen as being directly related to profit [BS5750 and its off shoots;ISO etc]it becomes easiliy accepted. However if it is not easily seen to be directley related to profit e.g. HSG65 it is not taken up. Try the British Safety Council or ROSPA An open minded and quality management team will always see the value that a system of management will bring and visa versa
Admin  
#3 Posted : 24 December 2002 17:13:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Raymond Rapp Steve, On your second point you may like to have a look at the HSE contract research report 214/1999 - Safety cultures: Giving staff a clear role. At 180 or so pages it is quite a lengthy report but I believe it will give you the info you are looking for, worth a read anyway. Merry Xmas Ray