Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Michellethirlby  
#1 Posted : 08 September 2016 17:18:58(UTC)
Michellethirlby

Does anyone recommend an internal auditing course near Swindon? Pref ISO18801 Many thanks
jodieclark1510  
#2 Posted : 09 September 2016 08:19:39(UTC)
jodieclark1510

Its a bit away from Swindon but CRS do the IOSH SHE Auditing course in Reading- I went on this last year in Colchester and it was a very interesting with good resources. It can be used for both internal and external auditing.
gerrysharpe  
#3 Posted : 09 September 2016 11:46:35(UTC)
gerrysharpe

Could you be interested in doing an online course?? I did mine with Auditmentor and its IEMA certified http://auditmentor.com/iso-14001-training/
Michellethirlby  
#4 Posted : 11 September 2016 21:01:08(UTC)
Michellethirlby

gerrysharpe wrote:
Could you be interested in doing an online course?? I did mine with Auditmentor and its IEMA certified http://auditmentor.com/iso-14001-training/
Many thanks, do you think this is suitable for someone that has no knowledge of auditing???? It certainly seems like the best financial option........
FG  
#5 Posted : 12 September 2016 11:41:26(UTC)
FG

I would add that it may be beneficial to get an IRCA approved course to satisfy customers depending on your industry sector. If it is purely to satisfy yourselves internally, then any decent course should be fine but some industry sectors like to have IRCA accredited auditors. Also you've picked a pig of a time to organize a course given that ISO 45001 (replacing OHSAS) will be in place shortly. I've taken the route of devising an in-house training program to train people to audit internally (I've been on an IRCA accredited course myself) until suitable courses become available.
DaveBridle  
#6 Posted : 12 September 2016 12:37:10(UTC)
DaveBridle

FG wrote:
Also you've picked a pig of a time to organize a course given that ISO 45001 (replacing OHSAS) will be in place shortly.
Not quite accurate as it is still some way off.... If there are a number of you then maybe an in-house course run by a provider to train staff in internal auditing. I recent did this and we based it around ISO 9001:2008 even though the standard had changed. It was IRCA certified and now staff are competent to undertake internal auditing (regardless of the standard or process etc. they are auditing against.