Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
EacottSL  
#1 Posted : 26 June 2020 22:56:14(UTC)
EacottSL

Hi  Student Member - I need to create a 30 60 90 day implementation plan for a EHS Coordinator within a Manufacturing enviroment.  I  have googled and the information is on a very wide spectrum.  I would like to know if anyone has a link of good examples that I can get some further guidance on or if there are any Manufacturing HS Managers that could let me know what they would be looking to ideally see within the plan.  This would be from a person that has little knowledge of the company and the daily activites that go on, but does know what the job role entails.  I hope this makes sense and anyone that maybe able to help  - it would be greatly appreciated.

peter gotch  
#2 Posted : 27 June 2020 10:33:01(UTC)
peter gotch

I think you are being asked to set out what you would propose is done in the first 30, 60, 90 days.

The assessor will probably smell a rat if what you submit looks as if it includes plagiarism.

EacottSL  
#3 Posted : 27 June 2020 11:47:57(UTC)
EacottSL

Oh I wasnt looking at plagarism in anyway, I have an understanding, but wanted to see if there was anything i was missing or something that would stand out that I havent thought about.  I am having more difficulty in how to present it, what I have seen so far is more of a sales presentation, I am looking to achieve the implemntation plan through PDCA and SWOT and hoping this satisfy what they are asking for. Thank You

LouiseSmith88  
#4 Posted : 30 June 2020 08:36:36(UTC)
LouiseSmith88

I had to a similar excersice for a job interview not so long back (pre lockdown!)

If you google the 30 60 90 day plan you will see the benefits of why some HR departments use this technique - you will also see a framework of the ideal points you should touch on within these time frames - you can then adapt this to safety

30 days....review and understand policy?

Obeserve the work being carried out?

Understand the tasks?

Talk to indivudals?

Get a feel for the safety culture/behaviours?

Understand what senior management actually want?

And then build from there....its really pretty simple if you apply a starting from the bottom up approach....

As an pre interview  task it was something i really enjoyed doing - encourages you to goback to basics almost...

Hope that helps...Good luck!

thanks 2 users thanked LouiseSmith88 for this useful post.
EacottSL on 18/10/2020(UTC), Rich Sefton on 29/10/2020(UTC)
Tom Lane  
#5 Posted : 10 July 2020 15:25:26(UTC)
Tom Lane

Great advice from Peter and Louise here @EacottSL, to add to this, I would simply ask yourself the question "What do I need to understand and get to know, regarding EHS, within the business to be able to add value, seek out opportunities for continuous improvement and integrate well within the business?" - Over 90 days. This will help formulate your plan, to which you can breakdown over the 30 60 and 90 day periods. Some example exercises you can do include:

- Engagement with employees and management to understand what their opinion of safety is within the business to help give you a flavour of the existing culture.

- Observe and get to know the processes within the business to better understand the hazards, risks and whether they are effectively being controlled.

- Understand what the EHS Objectives are within the business and how the performance is being measured.

- Analyse historical Incidents to identify any trends which can be actioned to help reduce the number of Incidents.

- Understand how EHS is currently managed through existing policies/procedures - Is there an effective management system in place? etc...

Careful observation is the only key to true and complete awareness of the business' current management of EHS, which will enable you to understand where you can add value and contribute to the continuous improvement of EHS within the workplace.

Good Luck with the plan!

Edited by user 10 July 2020 15:32:39(UTC)  | Reason: typo

thanks 2 users thanked Tom Lane for this useful post.
EacottSL on 18/10/2020(UTC), Rich Sefton on 29/10/2020(UTC)