Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
itbrose  
#1 Posted : 13 October 2020 10:47:48(UTC)
itbrose

I want to do a bit more reading around what the requirements are for forced ventilation when linked to gas detetction specifically are there any reqquirements for it to be on for x amount of time after alarm triggered/stopped or if gas shut offs have triggered.

My main concern is the forced ventilation potentially drawing O2 into an unlikely fire. Anyone got anything that could be of use as a starting point?

paul.skyrme  
#2 Posted : 16 October 2020 18:05:32(UTC)
paul.skyrme

It is common to link LEV and ventilation systems into the fire detection such that they are shut down if possible when the fire alarms are activated.

SHV  
#3 Posted : 22 October 2020 08:42:07(UTC)
SHV

I did not get your point exactly however what i have seen is to coonect ventilation  system with gas detection system on Oil and Gas plants  during maintanace , they call it "Habitat" if you google it you will find more

SHV