Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Max Zauner  
#1 Posted : 20 October 2020 13:15:41(UTC)
Max Zauner

Hi everyone. 

I am new to IOSH. I am a recent law graduate seeking to enter the health and safety profession. I am currently enrolled on the NEBOSH (NGC) and am based in Reading. I would like to work within rail, aviation or offshore. I am looking for voluntary or entry-level roles. Just to be an extra pair of hands on site would be of immense help to me. Also, I have signed up to the mentor scheme, if anyone knows of someone willing to be my mentor that would be great. All the best! Thanks. 

Max Zauner

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/max-zauner-199023/  

Edited by user 20 October 2020 13:19:39(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

peter gotch  
#2 Posted : 20 October 2020 15:03:21(UTC)
peter gotch

Max

Rail has a tradition of for setting person specifications that make it very difficult for those without prior experience in the sector to get in, though some organisations have changed direction somewhat.

Similar issues apply in aviation and offshore but perhaps to a lesser extent.

So, at this stage I suggest you look for whatever opening you can find to get some H&S professional with a view to moving into one of your preferred sectors at a later date, assuming that you do not strike lucky.

Happy to offer you remote (I'm in Glasgow!) mentoring, in or outside the official IOSH mentoring scheme (I am registered but yet to be contacted to be asked to provide IOSH mentoring). Feel free to PM me and exchange email details.

thanks 1 user thanked peter gotch for this useful post.
Max Zauner on 22/10/2020(UTC)
Max Zauner  
#3 Posted : 22 October 2020 20:41:32(UTC)
Max Zauner

Hi Peter. Thanks for your response. I have PM'd you.