Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Derek Henderson  
#1 Posted : 13 April 2021 14:10:36(UTC)
Derek Henderson

I have just completed the IOSH Train the Trainer course and was wondering where i stand with regards to delivering IOSH H&S courses?

Do i just need to shadow a course? Or do i need a further teaching qualification?

I have had a training provider asking if i can deliver a CCNSG safety passport course?

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated.

Derek 

peter gotch  
#2 Posted : 13 April 2021 15:20:28(UTC)
peter gotch

Hi Derek

That's two QQ!

Delivery of IOSH approved courses is subject to a number of rules set out on the IOSH website.

What the precise rules are for delivering CCNSG safety passport training I don't know - your IOSH training might help you jump through one of the CCNSG hoops.

Are you confident that you can anticipate some of the QQ that attendees may ask and have solid answers for them?

thanks 1 user thanked peter gotch for this useful post.
Derek Henderson on 15/04/2021(UTC)
Derek Henderson  
#3 Posted : 13 April 2021 15:38:00(UTC)
Derek Henderson

Hi Peter,

Firstly, thanks for your reply.

I assume that the college would provide me with all of the course material, subject, information covering everything.

I also wouldnt deliver a course that i wasnt fully confident of knowing the answers to any anticipated questions.

HSSnail  
#4 Posted : 15 April 2021 09:10:32(UTC)
HSSnail

Derek.

As with all things its about your compiancy - i did the IOSH train the trainer a few years ago as my trainer "qualifications" were 30 years old!

its important to remember that the course is only recognised by IOSH - but as we were wanting to deliver Manageing Safely in house it worked for me. I am also registered with other organisations to deliver some of their courses.

It was only part of the registration process however as i had to provide details of my general H&S qulifications as well as evidance of "teaching" over a period. A lovely lady called Max at IOSH took me through all the process - sadly she left soon after i completed registration (nothing to do with me honest)

As Peter says you need to check with CCNSG to see what the reuirements are for theit tutors.

thanks 1 user thanked HSSnail for this useful post.
Derek Henderson  
#5 Posted : 15 April 2021 13:08:50(UTC)
Derek Henderson

Brian,

Thans for taking your time to reply.

Putting the CCNSG aside, with the course being recognised by IOSH does that mean i could deliver Managing/Working safely courses?

Also posibly in house?

Thanks

Derek

HSSnail  
#6 Posted : 15 April 2021 13:16:31(UTC)
HSSnail

Derek

As i said its part of the process - they accept it as the "teching qualification" part. You have to register as a centre to apply for the Managing Safely Licence - contact IOSH directly and they will talk you thorugh the application process. Once you register as a centre you can offer both internal and external.

Found this elsewhere on the isoh site.

All new trainers who deliver Managing Safely, as a

minimum, will have to:- be a Technical member of IOSH (a safety and health qualification is required)

- have up to date CPD

- have an adult training qualification at level 3 on a regulated qualifications framework (RQF); OR have successfully completed the IOSH Train the Trainer course

- have two years’ substantial, face-to-face, training delivery experience

Edited by user 15 April 2021 13:54:01(UTC)  | Reason: Added quote

thanks 1 user thanked HSSnail for this useful post.
Derek Henderson  
#7 Posted : 15 April 2021 14:02:21(UTC)
Derek Henderson

Brian,

I might be ok as i have Grad IOSH status, CPD is updated regular and i am the MD of a H&S consultancy.

Its just the teaching side that i was unsure about. (the 2 years face to face training)

Thanks again.

Derek