Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Andrew Bober  
#1 Posted : 07 June 2021 20:56:42(UTC)
Andrew Bober

If anyone has dealt with setting up protocols for fitting out child seats in taxi by drivers for passengers, could you drop me a DM.

Andrew

peter gotch  
#2 Posted : 10 June 2021 18:03:18(UTC)
peter gotch

Hi Andrew

Quite a lot of views of your posting but no replies. Possibly you should clarify what you are asking.

1. The general fitting of child seats - lots of guidance on this on the RoSPA website including downloadable training slides.

2. Cleaning passengers' own child seats in terms of Covid protocol - possibly something that few on these Forums have dealt with.

Roundtuit  
#3 Posted : 10 June 2021 21:29:24(UTC)
Roundtuit

Curious as to the purpose of the post.

Advisor to a taxi firm, contractor of a taxi firms services, user of taxi services?

Is it not down to the company and/or licensing authority guidance?

Roundtuit  
#4 Posted : 10 June 2021 21:29:24(UTC)
Roundtuit

Curious as to the purpose of the post.

Advisor to a taxi firm, contractor of a taxi firms services, user of taxi services?

Is it not down to the company and/or licensing authority guidance?

HSSnail  
#5 Posted : 11 June 2021 07:30:05(UTC)
HSSnail

Its been a while since i had any dealings with taxis - but i thought they were exempt from child seats? If a passanger want to fit a seat i would just let them get on with it. thier seat they should know how to fit it - i would not expect the driver to fit it as they may have no idea about the subtle difference between seat. (Its also been a while since i fit child seats as well!)