Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
c.hart3@talk21.com  
#1 Posted : 19 July 2021 08:03:26(UTC)
c.hart3@talk21.com

Hi 

Does anybody know where I can find a good Loler Powerpoint presentation

Regards

Chris Hart

Kate  
#2 Posted : 19 July 2021 09:03:31(UTC)
Kate

A good one is designed for the audience and their needs, so probably by you I'm afraid.

A Kurdziel  
#3 Posted : 19 July 2021 09:35:20(UTC)
A Kurdziel

As Kate has said what you need is a presentation which tells YOUR people what YOPU want them to on YOUR site complying with YOUR rules. The only person that can do that is you really.

peter gotch  
#4 Posted : 19 July 2021 09:55:54(UTC)
peter gotch

Morning Chris

I agree with Kate and AK.

If you look not too hard I think you should be able to find a LOLER presentation on Google, just like you can find most things on Google. Whether it would be particularly useful is an entirely different question.

For at least the last 17 years, every time a new code of health and safety regulations has come out in Great Britain there have been instant experts wanting to sell training courses in this, that or the other "major" change and at some point their presentations may be made freely available on the internet or someone cobbles together something similar.

It is very easy to go through any code of regulations and turn them into slides. 

What's not so easy is to distill which bits of the regulations really matter to the audience.

What is then even more difficult is guessing the questions the audience will ask you and being prepared to answer those QQ.

But those QQ are almost all going to be the ones that are relevant to what the audience do, i.e. your work activities (if you are employed by the same organisation) - this means that it is even more critical that your presentation is tailored to what is relevant. 

.....and even the most experienced will usually learn something by putting together their own presentation, and sometimes even more, if putting together something for someone else to present.

Enjoy!

thanks 1 user thanked peter gotch for this useful post.
A Kurdziel on 19/07/2021(UTC)
Blackburn31728  
#5 Posted : 19 July 2021 11:57:10(UTC)
Blackburn31728

If you PM me i have one that you can make to your own needs

derrick1961@hotmail.co.uk