Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Messey  
#1 Posted : 12 December 2023 23:19:30(UTC)
Messey

Can someone help me with how I am supposed to enter the security image letter & numbers) before I post ? I always have to try several times before my attempt is successful - Is it me or is this forum format just useless?

thanks 1 user thanked Messey for this useful post.
Martin Fieldingt on 13/12/2023(UTC)
firesafety101  
#2 Posted : 13 December 2023 11:44:19(UTC)
firesafety101

Same here Messey, it seems the quicker/shorter your post the more likely to get it first time.  Longer posts require the new figures, then sometimes I get told I cannot post again for abother 45 or so seconds :-(

thanks 1 user thanked firesafety101 for this useful post.
Roundtuit on 13/12/2023(UTC)
firesafety101  
#3 Posted : 13 December 2023 11:48:23(UTC)
firesafety101

Just got told no post for 35 seconds then tried and it was 55 seconds

Roundtuit  
#4 Posted : 13 December 2023 14:01:42(UTC)
Roundtuit

Very much the case that long crafted posts never get the security image as there seems to be some form of timer protection running in the background.

One word / sentence answers and it clears on first entry.

You could of course compose longer answers in an editor programme - Notes, Word etc. - then copy and paste the answer as soon as you click reply. Also a good idea wit the more thoughtful replies to save having the system time you out (and forgetting the temporary save information).

thanks 2 users thanked Roundtuit for this useful post.
aud on 14/12/2023(UTC), aud on 14/12/2023(UTC)
Roundtuit  
#5 Posted : 13 December 2023 14:01:42(UTC)
Roundtuit

Very much the case that long crafted posts never get the security image as there seems to be some form of timer protection running in the background.

One word / sentence answers and it clears on first entry.

You could of course compose longer answers in an editor programme - Notes, Word etc. - then copy and paste the answer as soon as you click reply. Also a good idea wit the more thoughtful replies to save having the system time you out (and forgetting the temporary save information).

thanks 2 users thanked Roundtuit for this useful post.
aud on 14/12/2023(UTC), aud on 14/12/2023(UTC)
HSSnail  
#6 Posted : 13 December 2023 14:29:29(UTC)
HSSnail

This has been on the forum a few times. There is defiantly a timer like the one that stops you posting in quick succession, and the timing bar at the top only shows that minute, so if it says you cannot post for 20 seconds - it might actually be 1 minute and 20 seconds, or 2 minutes and 20 seconds etc. Im probably going to get caught by the timer right now.

thanks 2 users thanked HSSnail for this useful post.
peter gotch on 13/12/2023(UTC), aud on 14/12/2023(UTC)