Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
braders83  
#1 Posted : 13 December 2023 13:06:04(UTC)
braders83

Hi All,

Hopefully someone can help with this :)

I am looking to find a Online System where we can create our own training documents (toolbox talks etc) and the employee gets an email to confirm training is required, they then log onto a portal, where they complete the training on their phone or PC, complete a few questions and then the certificate is automatically generated.

Ideally to easily monitor all training, we are looking for the system to include a training matrix for easy management of employee needs and a system that is automated sending out requests and reminders.

I have found a few systems, but they often seem to make you use their own generic training documents which often don't suit our needs.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks 

Kate  
#2 Posted : 13 December 2023 14:10:04(UTC)
Kate

A very large company that I worked for had something like this, but so far as I can make out they developed the platform in-house.  They may have had good reason for this ...

thunderchild  
#3 Posted : 13 December 2023 15:02:05(UTC)
thunderchild

What Kate said. Most commercially availble platforms I've come across are trying to do a one box fits all approach but what you want is bespoke. I've worked with both and the only bespoke one was in-house written by the IT team.

thanks 1 user thanked thunderchild for this useful post.
A Kurdziel on 14/12/2023(UTC)
rickstefanetti84  
#4 Posted : 13 December 2023 15:30:59(UTC)
rickstefanetti84

Check out Eloomi. They host and administer training courses, sending emails to the user when items are reuqired to be performed and sending emails to line managers if they go overdue etc. You can also create your own content using another piece of software called articulate, again which can be hosted via Eloomi. Works well for us (we use iHasco as the training content provider if the course hasnt been created in house using articulate)

braders83  
#5 Posted : 14 December 2023 09:36:19(UTC)
braders83

Thanks for the feedback, so far!

craig_NF  
#6 Posted : 14 December 2023 12:45:33(UTC)
craig_NF

Nimble E-learning do exactly this, It's quite a good platform - can create own courses etc and contains a matrix to keep a track of everything.