Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
WatsonD  
#1 Posted : 10 October 2023 13:51:52(UTC)
WatsonD

Hi,

Just looking for any recommendations for a good, tame ergonomist who doesn't have a warehouse full of wrist rests, desk risers and vertical mice they need to upsell.

Are they out there?

Do they exist?

WatsonD  
#2 Posted : 11 October 2023 16:01:22(UTC)
WatsonD

Well, I guess it looks like there isn't a single ergonomist that anyone on the forum would recommend.

The silence is deafening...

thanks 1 user thanked WatsonD for this useful post.
peter gotch on 11/10/2023(UTC)
peter gotch  
#3 Posted : 11 October 2023 16:09:18(UTC)
peter gotch

DW - well what was the Ergonomics Society is now the Chartered Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors but its website doesn't have a "find an ergonomist" button.

But possibly the name change reflects that much of the focus has moved towards HF - particularly as a discipline to involve in systems rather than designing the workplace to suit the worker rather than vice versa.

Just possible that OSHCR might point towards someone.

Good luck, Peter

WatsonD  
#4 Posted : 12 October 2023 10:53:04(UTC)
WatsonD

Thanks Peter.

I was rather hoping for some glowing references rather than a list of competent practitioners.

Nevermind! Just a thumb through the 'cyber yellow pages' instead 😊

thanks 1 user thanked WatsonD for this useful post.
peter gotch on 12/10/2023(UTC)
elburt  
#5 Posted : 04 January 2024 14:52:28(UTC)
elburt

Maybe you could approach your insurance company to see which company they use for claims investigations for advice? not sure how big your company is but they were cheaper than going through a ergonomics provider for us. 

theres still access to work out there if you need specific advice for a particular person but that person would have to ask for the help 

TwinkleToes  
#6 Posted : 12 January 2024 15:46:26(UTC)
TwinkleToes

Hi @WatsonD, depending on where you are, I may be able to recommend some.

Drop me a message if you'd prefer.