Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sarahwhelan  
#1 Posted : 18 January 2024 11:45:59(UTC)
sarahwhelan

I am looking for recommendations for an online interactive training programme that can provide a suite of  'awareness' level H&S/compliance training for staff, ideally not restricted to number of users. If it could integrate through our current training system, Docebo this would be even better. My budget is around £5k, if anyone has any suggestions or recommendations that would be great. Legionella , Asbestos, Gas/Oil Safety, Fire Safety, Electrical Safety/Inspection, Loler, etc

andrewcl  
#2 Posted : 19 January 2024 07:13:03(UTC)
andrewcl

Sarah,

I have no affiliation to them, but we use iHasco. They definitely offer asbestos and fire safety training, and they also have ensured they work in conjunction with our LMS. Not sure of price though...

mike350  
#3 Posted : 22 January 2024 13:34:32(UTC)
mike350

Again no affliliation but I've used IHASCO and what was Safety Media both offer certified on line training, in both cases you buy the number of credits that you need and can purchase extra as and when you need to.

andycfc86  
#4 Posted : 30 January 2024 19:40:56(UTC)
andycfc86

Seems a popular one. We too use iHasco and have a document read receipt system used through them, which aids with TBT desimination for lads out and about. I would say though, you need to remember the online learning is good but does not always substitute for hands on or classroom based training for some subjects. Such as, on their webpage they state for the confined space course; "the course is IOSH approved but is intended to be used as a way to help raise awareness about safety whilst working in a confined space and does not replace necessary practical training needed before being able to carry out works of this nature". The training offered is good though and well recieved at my place. Hope that helps. Ask for a free trial for you as a user and see what you think?
Coyle07  
#5 Posted : 31 January 2024 10:10:49(UTC)
Coyle07

iHasco is by far and away the best system for e-learning I have came across.  It has a wide range of courses that last from 15-45 mins, comes with a really simple to use training management and reporting dashboard, and is translated into a host of other languages as standard, which is a big must for me.  I've implemented iHasco into two businesses and the feedback from all staff using it is always positive. 

It pays for itslef in terms of compliance when you can show auditors or the HSE what you use, as all the training courses are CPD, RoSPA, IIRSM or IOSH approved.  Having that little logo elevates the certificate IMO.

They do a variety of packages - you can buy licences per person for a differing level of courses, or you can buy a licence to X amount of courses and then credits.  I prefer the credit system as you have a lot more flexibility, i.e. allocate one person one course rather than having to use a licence.

All their courses are SCORM so you should be able to link it all to your existing system.  

I would recommend getting a demo with them and seeing what you think.  Genuinely couldnt recommed them enough.