Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Self and Hasty  
#1 Posted : 16 March 2020 12:21:17(UTC)
Self and Hasty

Hello,

I'm looking at starting up a small independent freelance consultancy, focused mainly on EHS and Fire Safety, but also offering Quality, Production and Facilities mananagement consultancy products.

I was wondering if anybody had any service agreements/contract templates they would be willing to share that I might be able to edit and use for new contracts.

Thank you in advance.

Roundtuit  
#2 Posted : 17 March 2020 10:03:10(UTC)
Roundtuit

Forty views and no response - guess those who are self employed do not wish to help potential competition

thanks 2 users thanked Roundtuit for this useful post.
Self and Hasty on 17/03/2020(UTC), Self and Hasty on 17/03/2020(UTC)
Roundtuit  
#3 Posted : 17 March 2020 10:03:10(UTC)
Roundtuit

Forty views and no response - guess those who are self employed do not wish to help potential competition

thanks 2 users thanked Roundtuit for this useful post.
Self and Hasty on 17/03/2020(UTC), Self and Hasty on 17/03/2020(UTC)
Acorns  
#4 Posted : 17 March 2020 13:10:09(UTC)
Acorns

Different people like different contract styles or end up using the clients I use a brief contract that is based around the money and how quickly they pay. Then everything else is by way of a lower / document of services. Contract is hard to vary, whilst an agreement is far easier. My example would be that if the contract says I attend a venue every week, then failing to go, even because of the virus, would be a breach of contract (bad). Whereas. An agreement can readily be varied, for example, reduce site bits in line with PHE etc.
thanks 1 user thanked Acorns for this useful post.
Self and Hasty on 17/03/2020(UTC)
Self and Hasty  
#5 Posted : 17 March 2020 15:46:07(UTC)
Self and Hasty

Originally Posted by: Roundtuit Go to Quoted Post

Yeah, that's what I thought, <sigh> 

I've got some old ones I used to use but I don't like how informal they are, I guess if nobody is willing to share resources I'll just have to hash one together from what I've got and what I can find online.

nevermind.

Hsquared14  
#6 Posted : 20 March 2020 14:04:59(UTC)
Hsquared14

My accountant helped me with mine - but there are also some legal companies with document downloads you can do if you register for things like their newsletters / webinares - might be worth looking at those too.