Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DominicS93  
#1 Posted : 22 February 2021 14:45:48(UTC)
DominicS93

Hi everyone, new member here.

I am looking to start a career in health and safety and have the NEBOSH gen cert and currently studying toward the env cert. Though this gives you a basic understanding of health and safety, I find myself feeling out of my depth when considering an actual health and safety role.

Would anyone be able to share their experience starting a H&S role without prior experience? How did you adjust to the demands of the job (report writing, presentations, application of knowledge etc)?

I worry that I won't be competent enough and need a slow transition.

*Edit: I should mention that I currently work as a teaching technician in a chemisty lab, although I do not hold a degree or an expert level of chemistry knowledge. I set the labs up but wouldn't know every detail of every chemical or reaction.

Cheers in advance

Edited by user 23 February 2021 09:18:14(UTC)  | Reason: More information for reader