Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Stephen Hill  
#1 Posted : 10 November 2021 08:27:13(UTC)
Stephen Hill

Hi everyone, 

i am currently applying for a role and part of the key responsibilites is  "to prepare and submit, RAMS, CPPS and TMPS", now i know what RAMS are, i know whats CPPS is , but what is TMPS? i cant believe i havent come across this one.

Edited by user 10 November 2021 08:28:21(UTC)  | Reason: typo

Stephen Hill  
#2 Posted : 10 November 2021 09:11:54(UTC)
Stephen Hill

Just remembered ... Traffic Management Plans

Kate  
#3 Posted : 10 November 2021 09:15:44(UTC)
Kate

I learned in my time with the Open University that asking a question on a forum is the very best way to work out the answer for yourself or even to realise that you knew the answer all along :-)

Good luck with your application

thanks 2 users thanked Kate for this useful post.
Stephen Hill on 10/11/2021(UTC), stevedm on 10/11/2021(UTC)
peter gotch  
#4 Posted : 10 November 2021 13:29:06(UTC)
peter gotch

Stephen, apart from the general problem of using acronyms and assuming that the reader will understand them, there is also the issue that in this text age, people are losing the ability to use the "shift" key(s) not least since it is no longer called "SHIFT" on the typical keyboard.

So, in my book the acronym that was troubling you should be abbreviated to TMPs not TMPS.

....or TTMPs if you are applying e.g. for a position where highways works are done - Temporary Traffic Management Plans.

...and if so, perhaps you should see if the audience understands you if you refer to "The Red Book". Google WILL find it by that!!

8815 Safety at Streetworks v1_12.indd (publishing.service.gov.uk)

Presumably you are aware that there is no legal requirement for one or more RAMSs!