Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dave lowes  
#1 Posted : 15 November 2021 18:44:13(UTC)
dave lowes

Ok so excuse me for the age old accident frequency rate question. I've been documenting AFR for many years now in previous companies but on recently looking into it further it seems everyone is doing it differently. I've always included all accidents but speaking to colleagues in my industry it seems they only inclide RIDDOR reportable accidents. There is also no set measure for the divisor I.e. some use a million hours and some use 100,000. Just a quick poll of who's doing what in the IOSH world.
Kate  
#2 Posted : 15 November 2021 18:51:47(UTC)
Kate

I do whatever the client or scheme requesting the numbers asks for.

I wouldn't dream of using such figures for benchmarking, for the reasons you give.

thanks 1 user thanked Kate for this useful post.
aud on 16/11/2021(UTC)
Roundtuit  
#3 Posted : 15 November 2021 20:05:14(UTC)
Roundtuit

Ran different number sets to suit the audience - head office (US based) and local management (so we can compare to industry sector in GB)

Roundtuit  
#4 Posted : 15 November 2021 20:05:14(UTC)
Roundtuit

Ran different number sets to suit the audience - head office (US based) and local management (so we can compare to industry sector in GB)