Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Refgizmo  
#1 Posted : 27 April 2022 07:50:46(UTC)
Refgizmo

I have been approached by High Beam Global Knowledge to join their Expert Panel.

After weeks of calls from an number based in India, I was finally 'caught' when they called me from a mobile.

I completed a (long) questionairre for them over the phone in relation to Fall Restraint when using Elevated Platforms. (I'm always happy to give my opinion if it is going to help others).

Is anyone else on this Expert Panel and is it beneficial, or is it simply a way for them to pester you with more market research?

Kindest Regards,

Refgizmo

A Kurdziel  
#2 Posted : 27 April 2022 08:23:58(UTC)
A Kurdziel

...and how is this connected to this forum and occupational H&S?

Pure unadulterated  SPAM 

Reported 

security image-q7Ph

Refgizmo  
#3 Posted : 27 April 2022 08:32:12(UTC)
Refgizmo

Why so angry?

It is connected to the forum because I am looking to see if other professionals on here have been approached.

If it turns out they are legitimate, I will join their Expert Panel and assist in future H+S research. If it is a marketing ploy, I'll tell them to do one.

It is connected to occupational safety as the question set I answered was related to Fall Restraint in Elevated Platforms (as I stated in my message).

I used words like 'caught' and 'pestered', so not sure exactly what you read that made you thought I was promoting them!

achrn  
#4 Posted : 28 April 2022 09:08:36(UTC)
achrn

Originally Posted by: A Kurdziel Go to Quoted Post

...and how is this connected to this forum and occupational H&S?

Are you really asking how are fall restraint systems on elevated working platforms related to occupational health and safety?  I struggle to see how it wouldn't be relevant, to be honest.

I note the OP has previously posted about Norwegian CDM, asbestos management, dust extraction, IPAF cards...

Bit too trigger-happy with teh 'reported' outrage there, I think.

Refgizmo  
#5 Posted : 28 April 2022 09:19:41(UTC)
Refgizmo

Thank you achrn, and to those who have messaged me privately,

I appreciate, in hindsight, the title may be a little misleading, but by reading the content it would have been clear (I hope) that it was a genuine request.

I am a Chartered Member and regularly sit on IOSH Peer Panels, so I am a little offended that I would be considered a scammer.

If my research answers have saved one life, then it must have been worth it, right?

However, the referred company are quite relentless with emails and telephone calls (I have not given them any of my details, by the way), which leads me to believe that they are not the most professional of businesses, so have decided not to join their Expert Panel, and blocked them on all media.

Regards,

Refgizmo

thanks 1 user thanked Refgizmo for this useful post.
andrewcl on 05/05/2022(UTC)