Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
antbruce001  
#1 Posted : 12 May 2022 06:58:01(UTC)
antbruce001

Hi all,

Is anyone aware of any formal independant guidance as to the application of DSEAR in Hazardous Area Classifications for Mapress pipework systems.

At the moment I'm classifying the joints as Secondary Release Points, as their soundness is dependant on an inserted seal. I'm happy with the classification, but would really like to have a suitable reference to back this up in the assessment report.

Thanks in advance.

stevedm  
#2 Posted : 12 May 2022 07:31:27(UTC)
stevedm

It will depend on the type of gas but for Hydrogen lines in a lab for instance I always says in the design that mapress outside the building and fully welded inside...which significantly reduces the leak points..as far as the releaase zone extent is concerned calculated as usual on the pressure temp - so yes secondary release.

There isn't really a reference other than 60079-10-1 and EI 15