Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kiniak89  
#1 Posted : 18 May 2022 08:57:31(UTC)
kiniak89

Anyone using Access Health & Safety Module to manage their health and safety at work? I am not too sure about the system but my colleagues already signed the contract so any feedback welcome.

ColinT  
#2 Posted : 25 May 2022 12:01:23(UTC)
ColinT

Hi, we have just started to use this as a part of a suite of other modules; HR, finance, staff rota's, maintenance and on-line T&D.

I was interested as I wanted us to move to an on-line accident reporting system and then found out that there were other aspects to the package including risk assessment, audits and checklists, document library and document manager. So far the accident reporting is working well and I've developed a few audit and inspection documents which are ok. I should add that we had nothing that looked remotely like this and whilst its not perfect, its a good start. Just note that it requires some serious investment of your time to utilise the features available but Access are listening to its customers and making changes for the better, I had a VC demo yesterday of their new audit manager platform which builds and improves upon the existing version.

peter gotch  
#3 Posted : 25 May 2022 13:54:43(UTC)
peter gotch

Thanks Colin

"Just note that it requires some serious investment of your time to utilise the features available"

Which probably translates as "you would be better investing your time on something bespoke to YOUR organisation" that some bright school leaver with techie skills could sort out with Excel or some other Microsoft products including, of course, "Access" (!) if you just tell them what you want to record and report.

leoko  
#4 Posted : 28 June 2022 14:52:45(UTC)
leoko

We're a ready mix concrete supplier and are using Access to manage H&S at our facility and on site. Is there anything in particular you need to know?

Roundtuit  
#5 Posted : 28 June 2022 16:12:59(UTC)
Roundtuit

leoko - joined 2019 - 4 posts listed but only this latest one showing - could that be down to embedding hyperlinks?

Roundtuit  
#6 Posted : 28 June 2022 16:12:59(UTC)
Roundtuit

leoko - joined 2019 - 4 posts listed but only this latest one showing - could that be down to embedding hyperlinks?