Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JohnLinehan  
#1 Posted : 15 June 2022 12:56:44(UTC)
JohnLinehan

Hi Folks.

I recently encountered some Warehouse staff complaining about RSIs from using MHE, specifically Narrow Aisle/ Man-down VNA truck, when using the controls and joysticks....  We use different makes across different sites so it may be specific to one type. I'd rather not mention the manufacturer for now but would welcome anyone's thoughts or experiences with this...

All comments welcome and thanks in advance ;-) 

stevedm  
#2 Posted : 17 June 2022 08:16:08(UTC)
stevedm

Hi John

There are a couple of FLT trainers going around at the minute emphasising the ergonomic risks but that is from a whole body vibration...I have done some ergo reviews based on joy sticks for crane operators and we made some minor adjustments using some 3d printed mouldings..but the frequency was much lower than I think you are talking about...

There is a little bit in here that may help, but for me you need to at leats review your assessment specifically looking at the issue and see if it is covered..pm if you want to chat in more detail.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/267587106_Joystick_Ergonomic_Study_in_Material_Handling_Using_Virtual_Humans  

thanks 3 users thanked stevedm for this useful post.
HSSnail on 17/06/2022(UTC), peter gotch on 17/06/2022(UTC), JohnLinehan on 30/06/2022(UTC)
HSSnail  
#3 Posted : 17 June 2022 08:38:51(UTC)
HSSnail

Thanks for the link Steve will make interesting reading. John dont forget RSI does not exist - some judge made the call a few years ago - so we now call it WRULD (work related upper limb disorder) sneeky devels these HSE inspectors.

thanks 3 users thanked HSSnail for this useful post.
peter gotch on 17/06/2022(UTC), johnc on 17/06/2022(UTC), JohnLinehan on 30/06/2022(UTC)