Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
HSSnail  
#1 Posted : 17 June 2022 14:20:41(UTC)
HSSnail

Are people finding that the IOSH site is refusing to accept their password every couple of days? Or is it just me? I keep having to reset mine

Roundtuit  
#2 Posted : 17 June 2022 14:26:25(UTC)
Roundtuit

Still rattling along with my old log-in

Roundtuit  
#3 Posted : 17 June 2022 14:26:25(UTC)
Roundtuit

Still rattling along with my old log-in

RVThompson  
#4 Posted : 17 June 2022 14:26:55(UTC)
RVThompson

Seems OK to me Brian.

HSSnail  
#5 Posted : 17 June 2022 14:34:33(UTC)
HSSnail

IOSH obviously trying to tell me somthing LOL - thanks

thanks 1 user thanked HSSnail for this useful post.
A Kurdziel on 20/06/2022(UTC)
peter gotch  
#6 Posted : 17 June 2022 16:21:56(UTC)
peter gotch

Hi Brian - no issue with logging IN. Logging OUT of a "Not secure" site remains a problem - there used to be a "Log out" button but now the "Log in" stays on screen, so you have to try and log in again before being asked whether you want to log out - then having put up the "Log out" button the system even asks you whether you are "sure" you want to do this.

So, multiple clicks when one was all that was needed in times past.

Just another indicator of the need for some TLC for the Forums, inclusive of finally getting round to transferring them on to the newish iosh.com site instead of the old iosh.co.uk site where they currently reside.

P

thanks 1 user thanked peter gotch for this useful post.
chris42 on 19/06/2022(UTC)
MikeKelly  
#7 Posted : 18 June 2022 08:59:23(UTC)
MikeKelly

Hi All

From very sunny France [40  degrees yesterday, only 37 today].

Mine is working well, can log on and off with no problems!

Very strange, eh?

cordialement

Mike

chris42  
#8 Posted : 19 June 2022 07:26:06(UTC)
chris42

Originally Posted by: peter gotch Go to Quoted Post

Hi Brian - no issue with logging IN. Logging OUT of a "Not secure" site remains a problem - there used to be a "Log out" button but now the "Log in" stays on screen, so you have to try and log in again before being asked whether you want to log out - then having put up the "Log out" button the system even asks you whether you are "sure" you want to do this.

So, multiple clicks when one was all that was needed in times past.

Just another indicator of the need for some TLC for the Forums, inclusive of finally getting round to transferring them on to the newish iosh.com site instead of the old iosh.co.uk site where they currently reside.

P

Thought it was just me it didn't like to log out, been doing it for so long I have just got used to it, like having the forum at the bottom of the home page.

Did have problems logging in for a day a few weeks ago , but it looked like others could not either. There is normally a message about site maintenance but not that time. For a while I thought IOSH had decided to pulll the plug on the discussion forum, but it worked the next day.

Chris

Kate  
#9 Posted : 19 June 2022 09:32:26(UTC)
Kate

I am often in a state of superposition where I am not logged in (getting a message to the effect "sorry, we can't find that page, if you are trying to access a member page then log in"), and I am logged in ("logged in as: Kate") and I can neither log out nor log in.

At this point I generally give up and leave it for another day.

thanks 2 users thanked Kate for this useful post.
HSSnail on 20/06/2022(UTC), A Kurdziel on 20/06/2022(UTC)
HSSnail  
#10 Posted : 20 June 2022 06:59:43(UTC)
HSSnail

Originally Posted by: Kate Go to Quoted Post

I am often in a state of superposition where I am not logged in (getting a message to the effect "sorry, we can't find that page, if you are trying to access a member page then log in"), and I am logged in ("logged in as: Kate") and I can neither log out nor log in.

At this point I generally give up and leave it for another day.

That sounds the same as me - sometimes as you say Kate just leaveing it a couple of days works - other times I have to reset my password - record is 3 times in one day - at least they dont make you think of something new - just use same one all time LOL.
Kate  
#11 Posted : 20 June 2022 10:00:48(UTC)
Kate

Brian

Have you tried the trusty old advice:

Switch it off and switch it on again?