Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ColetteAppleby  
#1 Posted : 23 October 2022 18:03:18(UTC)
ColetteAppleby

Hi, im currently on the Student Membership. 

i have recelenty passed my NGC Nebosh and have now begun my Diploma in Applied Health & Safety. 

ive updated my CV i am currently a Supply Chain Manager but work on alot of the Health & Safety side of things. How do i apply to upgrade my Status to Tech or Associate?

peter gotch  
#2 Posted : 24 October 2022 12:48:32(UTC)
peter gotch

Hi Collete

Two issues in your thread.

1. Your membership upgrade

2. Your Diploma.

So, 1. look at Membership categories | IOSH

Get in quick before the upcoming changes to the Membership Structure due to be implemented starting November.

2. Diploma - if you are enrolled on the NCRQ Diploma you need to urgently look at what has been happening to NCRQ.

Threads both on the Public Forums and one of the Members' Forums here.

Also lots of comment on LinkedIn.

Not going to repeat what has been said!

SteveForrest  
#3 Posted : 25 November 2022 14:15:39(UTC)
SteveForrest

Following on from the above, I have just passed my NEBOSH NGC and will be applying for Tech status in the coming weeks.

When are the new membership grades due to be released?

peter gotch  
#4 Posted : 25 November 2022 17:13:53(UTC)
peter gotch

Steve - the answer to when this is going to happen is unclear.

Implementation was mentioned in the minutes of the May meeting of Council but I am reluctant to comment on those minutes on this Public Forum.

However, I guess that the grade changes are to some extent dependent on the roll out of Blueprint 2.0.

You might want to open a thread on the Members' Forums?

thanks 1 user thanked peter gotch for this useful post.
SteveForrest on 25/11/2022(UTC)
peter gotch  
#5 Posted : 27 November 2022 13:02:45(UTC)
peter gotch

Steve

A PS - whilst I couldn't find anything when using the search engine, I discovered that I had added the relevant page to my "favourites" and it still works (and has been updated this month)!

IOSH membership grades - Shaping the Future | IOSH

So (right at the bottom of the page).....

We’re launching our new and enhanced version of Blueprint soon – an all-in-one tool to self-assess, learn, and record your Continuing Professional Development (CPD) – to enhance your professional journey. Learn more

The new membership grades will follow next year, in 2023. We’ve planned detailed communications for all members to explain how/if their membership grade will change. These communications will start to roll out in shortly, so please check your inboxes. 

Time will tell whether this programme happens. I have the timeline issued in May 2020 whose last two items were:

"NOV - DEC 2020

Submit application for byelaw changes to Privy Council for approval

APR 2021

Implement new grades (subject to approval)"

thanks 1 user thanked peter gotch for this useful post.
SteveForrest on 27/11/2022(UTC)
SteveForrest  
#6 Posted : 27 November 2022 17:26:36(UTC)
SteveForrest

Thanks Peter, 

I will have a read tomorrow.