Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Pirellipete  
#1 Posted : 09 October 2023 11:23:03(UTC)
Pirellipete

So, I sort of retired a year ago and my CSCS HS&E MAP card has expired, but as with all these life-changing decisions, things change, daytime TV is apalling and I'm back in some part time work.

In going through the process of getting a new CSCS card, at the HS&E MAP level, my TechIOSH status does not qualify me professionally for that card, I have to be Chartered or Graduate, (Plus the test of course)

But my IEMA qualification, at PIEMA level, does qualify me......with the test.

I find that strange, anyone else ??

thanks 1 user thanked Pirellipete for this useful post.
peter gotch on 09/10/2023(UTC)
Mark-W  
#2 Posted : 05 December 2023 14:49:28(UTC)
Mark-W

Similarily, I used to visit sites for a client, but having no construction quals that are recent, I have a C&G in caprpentry from the 80's. But used my NEBOSH Gen to gain a visitors card. It sufficed and all sites I visited were happy with this.

Now that card is no longer available, I needed another route, my NEBOSH gen is no longer classified as enough for the managers card I have to rely on my membership of a military Institute and use my Eng Tech status gained in 07 to get the white card.

I have to maintain my membership to the Eng Tech to keep my card. 

So I have to pay the £70 ish for test and card and then £150 a year for Inst membership. 

So my card costs me a huge amount as I'm self employed, but I only visit site once or twice a year. Which works out quite expensive.