Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Martin Fieldingt  
#1 Posted : 24 October 2023 11:06:42(UTC)
Martin Fieldingt

Hi everyone,

I am aware that Near Miss Reporting software has been discussed before, however, I am unable to find the thread where members have suggested some that they have had a positive experience from.

We currently use SafetyCulture (previously iAuditor) but find it does have some restrictions. I realise that any off-the-shelf solution will not give all the answers, however, wanted to explore what else might be out there before going down the more expensive bespoke route.

Your experiences good or bad,with any software out there would be appreciated.

Martin

M.cooper.99  
#2 Posted : 24 October 2023 11:24:31(UTC)
M.cooper.99

My company has used T100 before. It's very basic and budget friendly. It can do most basic things that you need such as incident management, but it lacks convenience in a lot of areas.We managed to do everything we needed for ISO 45001 accreditation with it. Frontline staff that were creating risk assessments and reporting incidents didn't like it as they wanted a more convenient system.

Best of luck

Mathew

thanks 1 user thanked M.cooper.99 for this useful post.
Martin Fieldingt on 24/10/2023(UTC)
johnc  
#3 Posted : 24 October 2023 17:46:18(UTC)
johnc

If you go for a web based system check who owns the data. Many of the software companies own the data anQCAZd if you change systems you will either lose all your data or have to pay to retrieve it for your new system
thanks 1 user thanked johnc for this useful post.
Martin Fieldingt on 25/10/2023(UTC)
James Ruiz  
#4 Posted : 02 November 2023 18:08:19(UTC)
James Ruiz

Maybe my comment may be considered inappropriate by some, but I hope it will be interesting and useful for those who have been looking for information regarding the implementation of RPA in the financial industry. It is such an interesting solution that can significantly improve the efficiency of your business' financial operations, check it https://anyforsoft.com/blog/rpa-in-finance/. The article I have shared with you details the benefits and provides successful examples of RPA implementation. I will be glad if this comment will help someone who has been looking for information about it for a long time. 

Roundtuit  
#5 Posted : 02 November 2023 19:06:38(UTC)
Roundtuit

Reported as it is not relevant to the thread

thanks 2 users thanked Roundtuit for this useful post.
peter gotch on 03/11/2023(UTC), peter gotch on 03/11/2023(UTC)
Roundtuit  
#6 Posted : 02 November 2023 19:06:38(UTC)
Roundtuit

Reported as it is not relevant to the thread

thanks 2 users thanked Roundtuit for this useful post.
peter gotch on 03/11/2023(UTC), peter gotch on 03/11/2023(UTC)
Kate  
#7 Posted : 15 November 2023 08:52:17(UTC)
Kate

This actual real user of Intelex, however, totally detests it and finds it a nightmare.  But what would I know, I'm just a human being.

thanks 3 users thanked Kate for this useful post.
Martin Fieldingt on 15/11/2023(UTC), peter gotch on 15/11/2023(UTC), aud on 14/12/2023(UTC)
chris42  
#8 Posted : 24 November 2023 12:55:43(UTC)
chris42

#7 reported for hidden sales link

thanks 1 user thanked chris42 for this useful post.
peter gotch on 25/11/2023(UTC)
peter gotch  
#9 Posted : 25 November 2023 15:29:30(UTC)
peter gotch

Hi Chris, well spotted!

Torres  
#10 Posted : 27 November 2023 09:35:45(UTC)
Torres

Hi Martin,

I have been using a system for over 10 years called MAI (measure analyse improve) from a company called ehasoft - excellent for near miss reporting, assigning corrective actions, incident reporting plus much more.

Regards,

Darren 

thanks 2 users thanked Torres for this useful post.
Martin Fieldingt on 27/11/2023(UTC), PaulM on 13/12/2023(UTC)
PaulM  
#11 Posted : 13 December 2023 14:46:18(UTC)
PaulM

Hi Darren,

Is the system expensive? i.e. six figures to set up etc?

Cheers

Paul

Torres  
#12 Posted : 28 December 2023 14:50:48(UTC)
Torres

Hi Paul,

Absolutely not very expensive! Happy to pm if you like, not sure if i can mention costs etc here and obviously will be different for each company (amount of users, modules taken etc)

Darren

Torres  
#13 Posted : 28 December 2023 14:56:34(UTC)
Torres

Originally Posted by: Torres Go to Quoted Post

Hi Paul,

Absolutely not very expensive! Happy to pm if you like, not sure if i can mention costs etc here and obviously will be different for each company (amount of users, modules taken etc)

Darren

Just to clarify, i have no connection to this company, i am just a user of the system.

RosalindBronte  
#14 Posted : 10 January 2024 07:16:46(UTC)
RosalindBronte

Hey Martin,

I've heard good things about TapRooT for Near Miss Reporting software. It's worth checking out and comparing with SafetyCulture to see if it meets your needs better. Good luck!

thanks 1 user thanked RosalindBronte for this useful post.
Martin Fieldingt on 10/01/2024(UTC)