Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JkSalt  
#1 Posted : 17 January 2024 10:09:33(UTC)
JkSalt

Hi All,

I've been asked if anyone has any information/guidance on someone who suffers from photosensitive epilepsy in a school environement? Whether there are any control meausres that can be put in place or any equipment that can be purchased to help the individual. I have no experiance in this field and would appreciate if any one can share information. 

HSSnail  
#2 Posted : 17 January 2024 10:37:23(UTC)
HSSnail

Sounds like one for Occupational Health - but this site may help Epilepsy Society | Transforming lives through advocacy, research and care

thanks 3 users thanked HSSnail for this useful post.
peter gotch on 17/01/2024(UTC), JkSalt on 17/01/2024(UTC), A Kurdziel on 17/01/2024(UTC)
peter gotch  
#3 Posted : 17 January 2024 11:09:32(UTC)
peter gotch

Morning JK - assuming that this relates to a pupil, I suggest also asking the pupil and their parent(s)/"appropriate adult"(s) what they think would be appropriate.

Depending on how recently the diagnosis has been made (and other variables) the condition might be well controlled by medication etc, and the patient might be in a much better position to advise on what is needed than Occupational Health.

thanks 2 users thanked peter gotch for this useful post.
JkSalt on 17/01/2024(UTC), A Kurdziel on 17/01/2024(UTC)