Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cmarshall1983@outlook.com  
#1 Posted : 01 February 2024 08:53:25(UTC)
cmarshall1983@outlook.com

Morning,

we use a software and wrist device (Reactec) for monitoring the vibration from tools when a person is using it. I am currently reviewing our HAV procedure and would like to make note of how long records should be kept, I know occupation health records should be kept for a minimum of 40 year, but how long do you think the records for this monitoring should be kept? 

thanks in advance. 

Coyle07  
#2 Posted : 01 February 2024 10:40:06(UTC)
Coyle07

I think your first question should be reviewing whether your current arrangements are adequate.  HSE has stated a number of times that wrist worn monitoring is not suitable.  Reactec actually lost a case they referred to ASA where the Industrial Noise & Vibration Centre released a couple of articles criticising wrist mounted measuring devices.  

https://www.ioshmagazine.com/hse-reiterates-asa-interpretation-regulations-invc-ruling

thanks 1 user thanked Coyle07 for this useful post.
peter gotch on 01/02/2024(UTC)