Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
apyatez  
#1 Posted : 22 February 2024 09:49:22(UTC)
apyatez

Hi,

We had a minor RTA during shift change last night when some one was strruck by a car in our car park.

There were no serious unjuries.

Is there any special considerations I need to be mindful of during the investigation such as insurance company involvment, police reports etc? Or is it a normal accident investigation ?

All help appreciated 

Acorns  
#2 Posted : 22 February 2024 10:09:42(UTC)
Acorns

Surprising that police attended rtc at a works car park. How did this happen ie review the traffic management plan?
Notify insurers in the normal way and conduct your investigation
thanks 1 user thanked Acorns for this useful post.
apyatez on 28/02/2024(UTC)
PDarlow  
#3 Posted : 22 February 2024 10:15:10(UTC)
PDarlow

I would refer to your policy. What does that state regarding investigations, informing insurers etc?

In terms of investigating to learn lessons and minimise a recurrence - witness statements, do you have CCTV, is the area illuminated adequatley, are parking bays demarked, are there designated pedestrian routes, identify blind spots and put in measures to reduce risk. With IPs permission, maybe use this incident for a toolbox talk / presentation to increase awareness.

thanks 2 users thanked PDarlow for this useful post.
peter gotch on 22/02/2024(UTC), apyatez on 28/02/2024(UTC)
apyatez  
#4 Posted : 28 February 2024 19:53:30(UTC)
apyatez

police not involved , but thanks for the suggestions regarding getting permission to use as a tool box talk.

I will get in touch wth our insurance company to give them a heads up now that i have completed the investigation.

jendy  
#5 Posted : 29 February 2024 03:22:02(UTC)
jendy

Originally Posted by: apyatez Go to Quoted Post

police not involved , but thanks for the suggestions regarding getting permission to use as a tool box talk.

I will get in touch wth our insurance company to give them a heads up now that i have completed the investigation. Tiki Taka Toe

In response to these challenges, stakeholders across the gaming industry are exploring strategies to promote responsible gaming practices and ensure player well-being. This includes implementing age restrictions, providing resources for managing screen time, and fostering open dialogue about the potential risks associated with gaming.

Roundtuit  
#6 Posted : 29 February 2024 08:09:22(UTC)
Roundtuit

jendy REPORTED

thanks 2 users thanked Roundtuit for this useful post.
peter gotch on 29/02/2024(UTC), peter gotch on 29/02/2024(UTC)
Roundtuit  
#7 Posted : 29 February 2024 08:09:22(UTC)
Roundtuit

jendy REPORTED

thanks 2 users thanked Roundtuit for this useful post.
peter gotch on 29/02/2024(UTC), peter gotch on 29/02/2024(UTC)