Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ttxela  
#1 Posted : 20 March 2024 11:35:05(UTC)
ttxela

Hello Folks

For a few years now I've been in a non H&S role and let my IOSH membership lapse.

Due to a bit of a company reorganisation I appear to be acquiring some responsibilities which I would say match the role of a H&S advisor.

I'm also required this year to set a 'Professional Development' goal. I'm thinking this should be to rejoin IOSH and gain back my previous TechIOSH status. I have the NEBOSH Diploma and worked in a H&S Advisor role for many years before letting my member ship lapse.

I appear to still be able to login here but the main IOSH website throws up lots of error messages when I log in, should it be possible for me to simply rejoin online with my previous login?

Thanks

peter gotch  
#2 Posted : 20 March 2024 17:08:56(UTC)
peter gotch

Hi ttxela

Don't know the answer to whether you can rejoin online with existing details.

Probably one to ask IOSH at the Grange.

However, with your NEBOSH Diploma and the experience that you indicate, I think you should probably be pushing for a rapid upgrade to CertIOSH (the new name for Graduate status) rather than TechIOSH.

The IOSH website says that all new members (and I assume that if you left some time back, IOSH would probably treat your application as "new") join at Affiliate level but that without any fee IOSH staff will consider whether you are eligible for an upgrade.

From the relevant page....

"You can move up to Certified membership if you have a recognised and relevant degree-level qualification plus two years’ relevant experience........"

The level of qualification stated here means Level 6 or higher on the European Qualifications Framework. Assuming that you mean the usual Diploma from NEBOSH that's at Level 6.

The rules get more difficult with the move up from CertIOSH to CMIOSH as your "IPD" "Skills Development Portfolio" has to be evidence from within the previous 2 years.

thanks 1 user thanked peter gotch for this useful post.
ttxela on 21/03/2024(UTC)
exactingpistachio  
#3 Posted : 08 April 2024 09:34:20(UTC)
exactingpistachio

Why don't you upgrade to CertIOSH?

peter gotch  
#4 Posted : 08 April 2024 09:48:08(UTC)
peter gotch

Exacting - your geometry might be precise but we don't like spammers on these Forums.

REPORTED due to hidden hyperlink.

thanks 1 user thanked peter gotch for this useful post.
Roundtuit on 08/04/2024(UTC)