Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ZacWilson  
#1 Posted : 02 May 2024 09:35:19(UTC)
ZacWilson

Hi everyone,

I would love to get your opinions and feedback on your experience / challenges / frustrations within the H&S/HSE/HSEQ professions specifically related to employment & recruitment. 

This may be feedback related to: 

• Any frustrations you have about recruitment processes (taking too long, stages involved, feedback or lackthereof) 
  • Job advertisements (i.e not displaying salary, or not being a true reflection of the role once employed etc) 
  • Working with recruiters vs applying directly 
  • How you preferred to be approached for new roles (whilst actively, or not actively seeking new roles)
  • Any insights you can share of themes that you have noticed, trends that have developed in job roles / responsibilities 

Just a few ideas, but completely open to suggestions and discourse. 

For context, we have recently launched a HSEQ, ESG & Quality recruitment firm called Search² (www.search-recruitment.co.uk).

Your feedback will help shape our processes, advice to clients and will help inform us as to how we can improve our level of service to HSE professionals. 

I know the recruitment industry can often get a bad rap, so we are looking to be as interactive as possible when it comes to shaping the way that we work and connect with our professional network. 

Thank you in advance and look forward to hearing your insight! 

peter gotch  
#2 Posted : 02 May 2024 12:37:42(UTC)
peter gotch

Zak

Welcome to the Forums but I think you need to read the Rules for posting, including, in particular, Rule 8 which prohibits advertising, except in defined circumstances.

REPORTED.

ZacWilson  
#3 Posted : 02 May 2024 12:46:58(UTC)
ZacWilson

Originally Posted by: peter gotch Go to Quoted Post

Zak

Welcome to the Forums but I think you need to read the Rules for posting, including, in particular, Rule 8 which prohibits advertising, except in defined circumstances.

REPORTED.

Hi Peter, 

Thank you for the heads up, I will familiarise myself with the rules and edit my post if possible. 

Apologies, the intention wasn't to advertise but instead to offer context as to why I was interested in the information that I was seeking - and should have read the rules first, and know for future so thank you.  

Great start! 

Misdemeanour aside - I am really interested to understand everyones experience & feedback when it comes to employment & recruitment processes so would welcome any insight and feedback, would be much appreciated.