Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
AlexCraigHH-Con  
#1 Posted : 17 October 2024 11:36:13(UTC)
AlexCraigHH-Con

Hi all,

First post on here after holding my IOSH membership for over a year.

I am looking for some advice regarding further development in the H&S world. I currently hold my Level 6 Occupational Health & Safety NVQ (after committing to my NEBOSH Diploma, but struggling with distance learning and balancing family life with the exams) and I am thinking of progressing further to the next level.

I have read that the L7 NVQ is equivelant to the MSc or MRes, and with the practical aspect of NVQs it feels like it would be a more viable option.

Can anyone who has achieved either of these qualifications shed a little light on either route?

Thanks in advance!

peter gotch  
#2 Posted : 17 October 2024 14:41:46(UTC)
peter gotch

Hi Alex

Welcome to the Forums!

Now obviously I don't know what you do, nor what other qualifications and experience you might have.

However, my first thought is that you might gain more from thinking sideways rather than upwards.

You have a Level 6 qualfication and are unlikely to learn THAT much by simply doing Level 7 on broadly the same subject matter.

Might be better for your career development if you went for something a bit different - perhaps an audit qualification, or environment, fire, etc etc?