Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BigRab  
#1 Posted : 24 October 2024 13:12:43(UTC)
BigRab

Doe anyone know the statutory examination requirements for pressurised unvented hot water systems. My own feeling is that if the capacity of the pressurised hot water tank multiplied by the pressure gives a prodcut of 250 bar litres or more than it must be examined. I cannot find anything to confirm this and the PSSR does not specify if hot water systems are included.

peter gotch  
#2 Posted : 24 October 2024 17:01:47(UTC)
peter gotch

Hi Rab

This is one where it would be sensible to work down the flow chart on page 9 of the ACOP/guidance on PSSR.

Safety of pressure systems: Pressure Systems Safety Regulations 2000. Approved Code of Practice L122

However, my instinct says that if the water is at more than 0.5 bar and the total energy exceeds 250 bar L, then it falls within scope.