Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 16 June 2002 11:49:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Peter J. Orridge We are a large international consultancy and are looking for several new members of staff to undertake risk assessments, fire risk assessments, construction site inspections, act as planning supervisor and present a variety of health and training courses. We have offices in most areas of England Scotland, Wales and Ireland. The work offered is varried and interesting. We are prepared to provide training to the right individuals. For further information or to submit an application please contact peter.orridge@ntlworld.com
Admin  
#2 Posted : 22 June 2002 08:52:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By David Clarkson peter i would appreciate further information on above vacancies in scotland briefly my background is miosh - experienced in mod, private sector and local authority mrics - experience again as above maps - as above approved trainer with cieh david
Admin  
#3 Posted : 24 June 2002 12:34:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Dyfed Rowlands Peter, Where are the vacancies based within Wales? Regards Dyfed
Admin  
#4 Posted : 28 June 2002 20:13:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By ray king Peter, Just finishing 22 yr career in forces. Currently NEBOSH Certificate, shortly taking Construction Certificate. Good all round knowledge, looking for work in Yorkshire
Admin  
#5 Posted : 29 June 2002 18:27:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Steve Hickey Peter I'm very interested in the vacancies you have, could you provide more info. I am based in the North Wales/North West area
Admin  
#6 Posted : 01 July 2002 16:57:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Tim Corbett Very interested I will send more info Back ground in Education and a small bit of construction I have NVQ4 and graduate status with IOSH if you are interested please contact Tim
Admin  
#7 Posted : 02 July 2002 08:29:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Helen James Peter, Am very interested in your vacancy notice, and would appreciate more information.My expereince is within the Nuclear Industry for the last seventeen years. Regards Helen James.
Admin  
#8 Posted : 02 July 2002 16:54:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Helen McCluskey i am very interested in the vacancy you have advertised. do you have any in the yorkshire region or lancashire?
Admin  
#9 Posted : 08 July 2002 16:13:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By John Taylor Peter I am presently operating in manfacturing industry MIOSH (Diploma In Occ Safety& Health) ex Engineering environment I would appreciate further information on vacancies
Admin  
#10 Posted : 09 July 2002 21:23:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Anju Aslam hai peter, My name is Anju Aslam and I am 23 yrs Old.I have graduated in safety and fire engineering from India and also passed my nebosh general certificate exam with a credit( waiting for the certificate). I am sttled in east london with my family.If there is any jobs suitable for me in your esteemed organisation,please don't hesitate to contact me.thanking you,Anju
Admin  
#11 Posted : 09 August 2002 10:26:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By ATUL Phone # 0091 2642 88530 email – atul.brahmbhatt@pgenindia.com A-5/4, GPEC Colony, Near Paguthan CCPP, Vill- Paguthan, Bharuch- 392015 Gujarat – India. Atul Brahmbhatt Objective Vision :I aspire to be a leader in establishing SHE fundamentals into the horizons of individual activities and group activities (organizations). Mission : Aspiring to be a part of suitable group which promotes, honours and sincerely demonstrates SHE as whole in their Vision , Mission and Culture. Personal  Date of Birth : 17th, October 1960  Martial Status : Married Experience A) 1999 to date Powergen India Limited a subsidiary of Powergen – plc UK. The company has owned 655 MW dual fuel (Natural gas & Naphtha) combined cycle power plant at Bharuch in Gujarat state. Team Manager ( Occupational Health & Safety) Since joining the company I am holding this position. I am reporting DGM(Production) and assisted by 3 officers in my assignment.  Framing, implementing , and establishing standards for station “Health and Safety” policy and “Safety Plan  Compliance of all statutory requirements of health and safety.  Play an active role in implementing the “Environment Policy” and monitoring the waste disposal system.  Implementing and thereafter monitoring Powergen’s Electrical & Mechanical safety rules of “Permit for Work”.  Managing testing & maintenance of the fire detection & prevention system.  Imparted “Induction training on safe practices & procedures “ for all employees and workers at the station  Participation in various “National & International Safety competitions”.  Preparation of “Incident Statistical Report” for the station.  Liaison with National Safety Council, Gujarat Safety Council & Disaster Prevention Management Centre in organizing on-site training programs.  Organizing periodical “On-site mock drills” and preparation of a comprehensive report  Investigating all incident including first-aid and Near-misses, taking appropriate actions for its prevention in future  Active participation in various committees likes Health Environment and Safety Advisory Committee, Contractor Safety Forum, Safety Chat, etc.  Evaluating, procuring and ensuring perennial availability of high quality “Personal Protection Equipment’s”.  Organizing safety competitions and contest to develop and maintain interest of people working at site  Celebration of National Safety Day, World Environment day, Fire day and important Safety Miles stones of the station.  Preparation and updating the “Management Control Procedure” related to General Safety and Fire Management.  Risk assessment of the critical maintenance activities for the plant.  Internal audits for safety and environments PAGUTHAN’S CREDENTIALS  Prestigious Health and Safety RoSPA SILVER award in 1999,  RoSPA GOLD award in 2000,2001,2002  Station had completed 1000 days without Lost Time Incident B) 1995–1999 Siemens India Ltd. at 655 MW Paguthan CCPP Site. Siemens Ltd. was EPC contractor to M/s Gujarat Torrent Energy Corporation in 655 MW power plant project at Bharuch. Site Safety Officer I was reporting to Senior Site Manager and assisted by two safety officers in my assignment.  Implementation of Siemens “Construction Safety Rules”  Co-ordinating with different contractors for practicing “safe system of work”.  Organizing weekly safety meetings with contractor’s safety-representatives.  Training all contractor’s workforce for general safety (Tool box talk)  Evaluate the different contractors for quarterly “Safety Shield” competition P PROJECT PERIOD CREDENTIAL N No fatal accident occurred on the construction site where Aapprox.3000 construction workers were working for 4 years C) 1990–1995 Kedia Agglomerated Marbles Limited, manufacturer of agglomerated marble in collaboration with Breton spa – Italy Manager (Production) I joined this organization as Asst. Manager and than promoted as Manager (Production). I was reported to General Manager and supported by team of 12 engineers and supervisors  Production of agglomerated marble  Production planning and control for batching, mixing, crushing , cutting plant CREDENTIALS Successfully started the production of synthetic marbles first time in India with the net yield more than 95%. D) 1983–1989 Trumac Engineering company, manufacture of textile machinery with German collaboration Superintendent (Maintenance) I joined the company as Asst. Engineer and than promoted to Superintendent level in the organization. I was reporting to Works Manager and assisted by the Jr. engineer and team of 8 technicians  Preventive & breakdown maintenance of mechanical machine tools, CNC machines, fabrication machinery, etc.  Preparation of check list for preventive maintenance CREDENTIALS Reduce the maintenance down time from 6 % to 3.5% after successfully implementation of preventive maintenance program E) 1981–1983 ABB Ltd, manufactures of HT & LT electrical equipements Jr. Engineer (Maintenance) I joined as Apprentices trainee and than recruited as Jr. Engineer. I was reporting to Sr. Maintenance Manager and assisted by the team of 6 technicians  Preventive & breakdown maintenance of mechanical machine tools, CNC machines, fabrication machinery etc. CREDENTIALS In the group of 24 apprentice’s trainees I was selected for permanent employment along with other 4. Education  Diploma in Mechanical engineering in 1981 with IVth rank in Board  BE (Mech.) part time in 1987 with first class  Diploma in Industrial Safety in 2001 with IVth rank in Board Training  Lead auditor for OSHAS 18001 (Occupational Health & Safety Management System)  Construction Safety  Risk Assessment  Fire Management  Disaster Management  Leadership and communication Profile A young and dynamic thoroughbred professional overseeing critical health & safety function of a 655MW power station, committed to a high sense of maintaining Health, Safety & Environment standard and performance. Ever willing to share twenty years of rich experience in maintenance, production, construction, project, health, safety and environment. Being a self starter, I have strong analytical and leadership abilities supported by good interpersonal skills. Health, Safety and Environment are not an art but they are applied sciences which require the engineering background and sound experience in different engineering fields. With the rich experience in production, maintenance, construction, project etc., I can able to spot out unsafe conditions and unsafe acts promptly. The responsibilities in Trumac Engineering Company have developed my technical competence, adding value to my professional standing and provided the confidence to take the lead in critical activities. It has also provided the foundation to look for higher challenges with the management role, thus ensuring I continue to add value to the business. The assignment in Kedia Agglomerated marbles Ltd. helped me to address Managerial issues very effectively and provide greater understanding of complex business issues. The assignments in Siemens Ltd. provide me an opportunity in challenging new area of construction safety. The responsibility helps me to understand and implementing the German Safety rule which are very much in line with HSE standard of UK. To menage the different contractors of different areas and molding them into international safety culture improve my counseling and convincing ability. My previous engineering experience helped me in quickly spotting the hidden hazards so that unsafe conditions were identified before the incidents take place. Working with Powergen have further improves the skill of management of health & safety of the station. The formation of safety policy and safety plan unable me to understand the corporate safety philosophy. The implementation of Powergen safety rules for Permit for Work and key safe system allows me to thoroughly understand the philosophy of British safety rules. The site induction program introduced by me is welcome by the top management and giving excellent result. The interactions with group safety at UK, National Safety Council & Gujarat Safety Council allow me to exchange my view for the betterment of my knowledge. The various safety system followed by Powergen like Near miss reporting, Incident investigation, Risk assessment, Method statement, Permit for Work, Hot work assessment, Scaffolding inspection etc. are made me competent to identify the hazards associates with job and control measure require to over come such hazards. The introduction of COSHH by the company makes me more aware about the requirements during the handling and operation of hazardous chemicals. The involvement during the formation of Environment policy and waste disposal system allow me to understand the responsibilities under ISO 14001. Being internal safety and environment auditors, I understand the environment objectives & targets. The regular safety meeting, mock drills, safety training to contractors etc. elevate my confident to ménage the emergency promptly and effectively. The participation in various national and international safety competitions improves my written skill and wining the international recognition motivates entire team for continual improvement. The professional qualification of Diploma in Industrial Safety, basic engineering qualification and 15 years rich experience with various national and international companies are perfect match for the company looking forward for Health, Safety & Environment professional.
Admin  
#12 Posted : 09 August 2002 11:56:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By William Cain Does your international role cover Australia. My family and I are scheduled to emigrate either end of this year or early 2003. I am MIOSH and have recently completed MSc in Construction (Health and Safety) Management. Currently working for a major blue chip organisation (Last 11 years) as an Occupational Health and Safety Manager.
Admin  
#13 Posted : 12 August 2002 18:47:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Colin J Port Hi peter, currently Nebosh General Certificate trained,Advanced health and safety with C.I.E.H. and a appointed trainer. Looking for employment in the health and safety field north west area. many thanks colin
Admin  
#14 Posted : 12 August 2002 22:17:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By allan wood i am interested in a career in health and safety.currently doing nebosh certificate (exam next week).currently working for an industrial services company as a foreman,duties include shot blasting,u.h.p water jetting,hydro demolition,painting and industrial cleaning.have also worked in engineering/manufacturing and mining industries.health and safety rep. allan wood
Admin  
#15 Posted : 16 August 2002 08:57:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Mark Eden I have recently obtained my Tech SP membership of IOSH. I have been a safety rep for the GPMU for 3 years at a large production plant that produces printing ink and varnish. I have nearly 14 years service with West Sussex Fire Brigade as a Retained Sub/O stationed at a busy 2 pump station in Lancing W.Sx.
Admin  
#16 Posted : 17 August 2002 18:37:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Peter Brown Peter I have obtained Nebosh General Certificate in occupational Health and safety and Nebosh Diploma 1 In occupational health and safety. I have a good knowledge of the copnstruction industry, especially scaffolding. Iam interested in your advertised vacancies and I am based in Lincolnshre. Thank you and look forward to your reply Peter brown
Admin  
#17 Posted : 23 August 2002 08:34:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Bob Pedley I have a cv on my desk for a good chap who has worked as a subcontractor for us on a £50m contruction project. He is immediately available. Contact; Brian Eddlestone, 0161 351 1719, based in Hyde Cheshire, willing to work anywhere.
Admin  
#18 Posted : 07 September 2002 00:05:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Warren Denford I am very interested in any vacancies in Health & safety that arise in Lincolnshire & Humberside. Have completed a NEBOSH National Certificate Course in Grimsby College, but I am awaiting the results (due late September 02). I have approx 20 years construction experience and also served 5 years in the RAF. Please inform me if a CV is required. Thank you.