Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 11 July 2002 18:36:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Peter J. Orridge WE require additional staff in the Birmingham area to undertake risk assessments, fire risk assessments, construction site inspections, act as planning supervisor. The work offered is varried and interesting. We are prepared to provide training to the right individuals. For further information or to submit an application please contact peter.orridge@ntlworld.com
Admin  
#2 Posted : 31 July 2002 10:55:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By DAVID CAUSTON PLEASE COULD YOU SEND DETAILS OF THE POST. I WORKED FOR 3 YEARS DURING MY APPRENTICESHIP AT ROLLS-ROYCE, FILTON IN THE ENVIRONMENTAL NOISE DEPARTMENT UNDER HYTON DAWSON. AFTER MY APPRENTICESHIP I TOOK A POST AS A SAFETY OFICER. ONE OF MY MAIN FUCTIONS WAS THE DEVELOPMENT AND IMPLEMENTATION OF SAFE SYSTEMS OF WORK. MY OTHER DUTIES INCLUDED ACCIDENT INVESTIGATION, SAFETY TRAINING, STATISTICAL ANALYSIS AND A BACKGROUND KNOWLEDGE OF SAFETY FROM RADIATION TO KINETIC LIFTING. I WORKED THERE FOR 4 YEARS BEFORE MOVING TO CAMERON IRONWORKS AS THIER PERSONNEL/SAFETY OFFICER. I HAD A STAFF OF 15 , INCLUDING AN OCUPATIONAL NURSE. I WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL ASPECTS OF HEALTH AND SAFETY, INCLUDING MONITORING THE INSTALLATION AND SUBSEQUENT TESTING AND MONITORING OF A FIRE SPRINKLER SYSTEM INSTALLATION IN A NEW OFFICE BLOCK. I WORKED THERE FOR 7 YEARS BEFORE BEING MADE REDUNDANT WHEN THE FACTORY CLOSED. WITH THE INDUSTRIAL CLIMATE AT THE TIME I MOVED OUT OF INDUSTRY BUT AM NOW LOOKING TO GET BACK INTO THE FIELD AGAIN
Admin  
#3 Posted : 12 August 2002 00:59:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Richy Marriott Dear Sir, Please could you send me further details about the advertised post. I currently hold an IOSH accredited Dip HE in SHE Managment and am loooking towards completing a degree in this field in 2004. At present I work for an electrical mechanical engineering firm within the construction industry but am dismayed at their lack of enthusiasm for implementing proactive health and safety measures. In addition I am a registered general nurse with experience in both Accident and Emergency and Intensive Care. Idealy I seek employmment with an organisation that takes the implementation of health and safety seriously. Yours Faithfully Richy Marriott
Admin  
#4 Posted : 27 September 2002 15:21:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By KATE PEARSON Dear peter I know it has beem some time since you posted your advert.If it is still available i would be very interested to receive more info > At present i am a health and safety advisor were i look after the H&S for 30 companies. I have just obtained my NVQ4 and am looking for a chance to broaden my experience. i hope that you get this message and i look forward to hearing from you my email address id kateandtony@lycos.co.uk
Admin  
#5 Posted : 29 September 2002 16:30:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By allan wood i am interested in the vacancy you have posted could you please forward further details to me regards allan wood
Admin  
#6 Posted : 29 September 2002 18:02:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Brian I find it interesting how many applicants have failed to carry out Peter's instruction: "For further information or to submit an application please contact peter.orridge@ntlworld.com." Personally I would employ none of them. They demonstrate an inability to understand written communication and/or carry out a simple instruction. If employed, they will no doubt end up giving prospective clients what THEY perceive the client wants rather than what the THE client really needs! Brian
Admin  
#7 Posted : 02 October 2002 12:26:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By John Ridd But Brian, maybe they did comply with the instructions, but just wanted to advertise their availability more widely and so responded via the forum as well, thus saving time and effort - something all H&S professionals have to do when possible (and yes, only when safe to do so); but then again WDIK.
Admin  
#8 Posted : 02 October 2002 17:16:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Harry It's difficult to see how anybody could disagree with Brian - the ability to follow simple instructions is surely the basis of any working relationship. In any case if people are so careless with their own information would they be any better with the client's. Harry
Admin  
#9 Posted : 04 October 2002 16:55:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Greg Burgess Harry & Brian If you have not got anything positive to say then why say anything at all!
Admin  
#10 Posted : 04 October 2002 19:26:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Harry And there's me thinking that some of the 'applicants' might take positive note for the future when applying for other vacancies - silly me! Suitably chastened Harry