Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 07 November 2001 11:52:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Andrew Powell My posistion is still "new" to the company and therefore I still need to implement some procedures which many H&S colleagues already have in place. One such procedure is involving H&S staff in planned changes to plant or site etc, particularly from Maintenance department. To this end I have to write out a simple proforma that would be raised by the engineering manager before process changes are tendered. All parties necessary would add their comments and sign the proforma before the work goes ahead. I feel that this would help to ensure that all plant was safe, necessary measures taken etc. My request.. Does anyone have a similar document or suggested layout that they would not mind sharing? I do not want to appear lazy but just want to save time and possible arguments against the idea by using a document that already works for someone. Hope you can help Regards Andrew
Admin  
#2 Posted : 11 November 2001 12:54:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Philip McAleenan Andrew, I agree with the concept of keeping things simple. If you include nothing else on your form, but the following questions it should suffice as long as users asnswer them honestly and act on their answers: 1. What could go wrong? 2. What are you doing to control it? 3. Is it enough? Regards, Philip
Admin  
#3 Posted : 14 November 2001 09:19:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Phil Kinvig I've recently had to revisit our paperwork concerned with plant or process modification as it had become so cumbersome it was preventing things happening. We are now down to a single sheet circulated by email with a 36 hour "reply or your agreement is assumed" clause. It really is very basic but if you drop me your email address I'll happily let you have a copy.
Admin  
#4 Posted : 14 November 2001 09:49:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Andrew Powell Hello Phil, Thanks for the offer of help. My E-mail address is awpowell@gcfg.com Just for info the thread author's E-mail address can usually be accessed by right clicking on their name highlighted in blue at the top of the page and then clicking on properties. Regards Andrew