Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 17 December 2001 00:42:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Rob Anthony Have the Health & Safety (Young Persons) Regs 1997 been amended at all, and for young people (under 18 but above minimum school leaving age) what else should be considered when carrying out risk assessment particular to this age group. Many thanks in advance for suggestions
Admin  
#2 Posted : 17 December 2001 06:40:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Graham Sargeant I think the term 'young persons' also applies to school children such as those you ma have at work on work experience, or maybe those with a part time Saturday job if this applies. I always consider thier lack of exprerience and job knowledge and remember that they may not have the trained judgement that may be required to complete a task safely. Maturity may be an issue, both mental (maybe leading to horseplay in the work area) or physical (may be not able to cope with a manual lifting task).
Admin  
#3 Posted : 17 December 2001 07:54:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By John Dodson They were revoked by MHSW Regs 99. Reg 19 of MHSW deals with ,Protection of young persons'.
Admin  
#4 Posted : 17 December 2001 10:36:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Neal Robertson I have emailed you a copy of the form we use, hope it is useful Neal