Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 22 January 2002 13:45:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Peter J Harvey I am trying to source suppliers of high visibility ballistic trousers (side protection panel for use by refuse crews). I would appreciate any pointers as I am having touble with suppliers providing hi-viz. Peter Harvey
Admin  
#2 Posted : 22 January 2002 16:58:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Robert Woods Have you tried Arco? www.arco.co.uk or Seton www.seton.co.uk
Admin  
#3 Posted : 23 January 2002 11:06:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Brendan Meyler Peter, At the risk of giving free advertisement, I have found the range of Snickers workwear to be very good. see www.snickers.se or contact your local supplier. Regards Brendan
Admin  
#4 Posted : 23 January 2002 11:38:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ashley Williams At the risk of appearing daft, why not get the workwear and get a local small business who do alterations and zips etc to machine on the High Vis pannels? That way you get the clothing you want.
Admin  
#5 Posted : 25 January 2002 12:11:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jim Walker Peter, Nice to know some councils bother. My local binmen seem to have no PPE whatsoever.
Admin  
#6 Posted : 25 January 2002 12:20:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ashley Williams Jim, is it they dont have it or just the Bin crews choose not to wear it? Ashley
Admin  
#7 Posted : 25 January 2002 17:45:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Peter J Harvey Jim, We have it, they wear it, no option, no PPE, no job. In fact we have introduced additional PPE for recycling rounds where the handling task is greater and have a city wide policy to reduce manual handling especially in refuse collection. The lastest bin man orientated scheme is Hep B and Tetanus innoculations. I have now now sourced a manufacturer to make these trousers for us in one off runs. Not cheap as far as stock levels go, but we get our orange high visibility tousers with a ballistic side panel.