Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 25 February 2002 12:57:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jayne Freeman Hi, I work for a Primary Care Trust in the NHS, I am currently implementing a revised reporting structure throughout the Trust and purchasing new software. I have been asked by my Director to conduct some benchmarking and see what other Trusts use in the way of software and incident forms. We were using 1 incident form, but I feel this form is inadquate and I am looking at spliting Clinical, Non clinical and Violence/agression into 3 separate forms. I would very much appreciate your thoughts and information on the current systems that you use. Regards, Jayne Freeman
Admin  
#2 Posted : 25 February 2002 15:37:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Colan Ash Can't help with the software, the one we use is good for clinical & complaints but proving problematic for the non clinical side. However regarding the form, it might be better to look at improving your single incident form rather than spilt it. We went from several forms to one & found numerous benefits to outweigh the negatives. Also the Controls Assurance risk management standard (which i believe now apply to PCT's) relating to incident reporting recommends a single incident form. Email me your contact details & I would be happy to exchange our experiences.