Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 26 February 2002 09:35:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By John Young
I am currently completing a benchmarking exercise regarding my employers accident rate using the HSE's Standard Industry Classification (SIC). To expand comparison I would appreciate hearing from members who's SIC is 35.30.

Members who are able & willing to assist are requested to call John Young on 01202 40900 Ext 3452 or email: health.safety@fra.co.uk
Admin  
#2 Posted : 26 February 2002 10:36:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ashley Williams
John,

Perhaps Im missing something but how and why are you trying to benchmark and unplanned event? Are you saying your going to have say 15 or under accidents a year? If so surely you should be benchmarking at 0 (Zero), and monitoring how far you miss by.

Ash
Admin  
#3 Posted : 26 February 2002 16:34:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By David Scott
Hi John, a long time since we spoke but I felt that I must support you in your request even though I am in a different SIC!
I believe that as the previous respondent remarked, we should be benchmarking for zero accidents however, it is only right that we should be able to compare ourselves with those in like SIC.
The CTPA carryout this exercise every year for our SIC of 24 and it is a good tool to yes, see how far we missed zero but also make that comparison like for like!
I hope you get the responses that you are looking for. Good luck!