Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 20 September 2002 09:14:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By wendy macdonald
I am currently looking to devise a risk assessment document for pregnant and nursing mothers working within a local authority and was wondering if anyone else has already done this and could offer some help or advice. Have got a copy of the HSE guidance and some information from the RCN but there is no actual profroma to follow.
Any advise or direction would be much appreciated. Thanks
Admin  
#2 Posted : 20 September 2002 09:46:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Neal Robertson
Hi Wendy,

Working alongside the risk assessments for the tasks undertaken by a new or expectant mother, I consider increased risks from manual handling, hot atmospheres, fatigue, wet or slippery surfaces, distances to rest areas & toilets, ergonomics, working with chemicals, and any other work hazards which may be problematic. I then discuss the assessment with the supervisor and the employee, to see if any changes to work patterns or layouts are needed.

You can download the form I use to adapt for yourself at http://members.lycos.co.uk/sbsf on the downloads page.

Hope this helps
Admin  
#3 Posted : 20 September 2002 12:51:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Neal Robertson
Futher to last posting - link on website won`t work at present - I can email the form direct to anyone interested

NEAL
Admin  
#4 Posted : 23 September 2002 13:44:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Bryn Maidment
Wendy

Does your LA have an Occ Health Dept? If so I'd get them to deal with the issues around pregnancy.

Unless you ARE the Occ Health Dept! In which case refer to the previous responses!
Admin  
#5 Posted : 23 September 2002 13:55:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Mark Large
If they are computer users and inform you offically they are prenant than you are required under the DSE regs to undertake a workstation assessment.
Admin  
#6 Posted : 24 September 2002 17:01:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Nigel Hammond
Hi Wendy

I've just revamped our risk assessment form for new mums/mums to be.

I'll e-mail you a copy.

Regards

Nigel