Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 11 November 2002 21:41:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Brian Crashley As distinct from the more comprehensive "company" H&S Policies and O&A documents, has anyone experience of appropriate policies for an amateur sports Club (Bowls in this case) Brian Crashley (retired member!)
Admin  
#2 Posted : 12 November 2002 08:46:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jack Brian does your club have any employees? If so how many? If no employees no need for Policy under HASAWA. If less than 5 employees no need to have written policy. Of course you may still feel a policy is needed to ensure effective management of h&s. I would suggest you simply indicate any procedures eg reporting hazards and basic arrangements eg a very short list of safety rules. Jack
Admin  
#3 Posted : 12 November 2002 23:29:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By David .J. Minnery Is it not the case that in respect of voluntary/community organisations [including amateur sports clubs]volunteers may well be deemed by the courts the same status as employees, so if you have a management committee of five or more the same H&S obligations will apply [members would also count]. I would tread very carefully if you consider dismissing the need for policies etc, contact your local Council for voluntary service [CVS], NCVO, Worksafe or similar organistions, they will help you with compliance. Regards David
Admin  
#4 Posted : 12 November 2002 23:32:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By David .J. Minnery I apologise for the incorrect spelling of organisation [ I omitted the a ], hope you get organised as far as assistance and advice goes. Regards David