Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 15 November 2002 17:52:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By martin knox I am looking for any free software etc, or sites where I can down load safety signs, all multitudes hopefully, then we are going to print our own. The prices currently being charged are,,, well,, better not say. Thanks in anticipation Martin
Admin  
#2 Posted : 15 November 2002 18:36:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By mike taylor martin try this address for the full safety signs and signals regulations including graphics http://www.hmso.gov.uk/c..._highlighter_first_match also try hse website free publications and cut and paste from pdf freebees. Beware of the copywrite though. mike
Admin  
#3 Posted : 18 November 2002 09:40:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Laurie Agree with your comments on the cost of signs, but there are reasonably priced CD Roms available Laurie
Admin  
#4 Posted : 18 November 2002 13:10:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Eddie Newall A search using Google will find what you want. But if you intend using these images to make your own signs for display on/in buildings my understanding is that you will need to ensure that the signs comply with the regs concerning shape, size, colour etc. These are the Health and Safety (Safety Signs and Signals) Regulations 1996. If you intend printing them off using a colour printer then the signs are unlikely to comply with the above regs. You will need silk screen printing facilities to achieve signs that meet the regs. However, if you just want to insert these images in a training manual or in PowerPoint then they are fine for that.