Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 27 November 2002 11:50:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Andy Lightbody
I am looking for more information on the manufacure and removal of this type of sheeting.

I believe it was manufactured by H Robertson who no longer trade.

Can anyone direct me to sources of information.

Thanks

Andy
Admin  
#2 Posted : 27 November 2002 12:29:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Tony Birchall
Anthony,

Is it an enquiry about the matrix of this cladding, or is it about the Asbestos Licensing Regulations?
Might have some answers if you can be a bit more specific please?
Admin  
#3 Posted : 28 November 2002 09:31:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Tony Birchall
Andy,

I got the e-mail.
You need to look more closely at The Asbestos Licensing Regulations, but firstly you need to make a suitable risk assessment of the type, condition etc. This does require you to take a sample of the suspect material (which is representative - Guidance in MDHS100). Any UKAS accredited laboratory can undertake analysis or indeed take the samples from source.
I take it that the name you describe for the sheeting is simply a trade term? I think it derives from Australia.
Therefore, you will have to go to the expense of having it sampled. UKAS web site should provide this information.
You say it is coating, so if this is the case it will involve the use of a licensed contractor and the Asbestos Licensing Unit of the HSE may point you in the right direction.
Remember that it is licensable if the "work consists of the removal, repair or disturbance of asbestos insulation or asbestos "coating".