Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 10 December 2002 15:44:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Peter Wright Has anyone out there got a procedure for evacuating non able bodied persons from a premises in the event of fire - I dont want to re-invent the wheel so I could do with a template to work from. Any help would be greatly recieved.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 11 December 2002 09:23:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ed Carter Peter, If you let me have your e-mail address I'll send you ours. Incidently our local Fire Service require a means and procedure for self evacuation in case they are delay'd/don't arrive. We're currently working on training staff getting evac chairs etc. Ed
Admin  
#3 Posted : 11 December 2002 11:17:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jim Rollinson Peter, The fire strike has pushed this up our agenda, I have not got a template to offer but would be interested in any you may recive. I have been working from the BS5588 Pt8 which has a lot of info both in terms of refuge provision and procedures. One of the specific requirements is that a refuge should not be used as a waiting area "waiting for the fire brigade" to arrive, but other procedures neeed to be put in place to assist disabled people to safety. Jim.
Admin  
#4 Posted : 15 December 2002 12:19:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Euan Turner Peter, you could try giving your local theatre a call, they will have measures such as these in place to meet the conditions of their theatre licence. cheers Euan