Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 15 December 2002 08:40:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Kevin Siu Anyone has practical experience to conduct risk assessment for adventure training on board and how to control potential risk? It is so difficult to control the risk of adventure training because if eliminate the hazard will be lost the training goal. I need someone to share experience with me and give me the sampe the sample of risk assessment. Your comments would be most welcome.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 17 December 2002 09:59:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ken Taylor Do you mean on board ships, boats, canoes, etc and what are the activities (sailing, diving, etc)? Those of us who have schools will have addressed these types of activities based upon the general guidance given in a publication from our Department for Education and Skills 'Health and Safety of Pupils on Educational Visits' with generic and event-specific risk assessments. Additionally, the 'governing bodies' for various sports have produced some guidance and standards and outdoor activity centres have produced their own guidelines (eg Cheshire County Council's Canolfan Conway Centre).
Admin  
#3 Posted : 17 December 2002 10:43:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ken Lucas Kevin Give me a call sometime as I have personal experience of the kind of activities I think you are involved in - it will be much better to have a chat than reply with a long rambling note. Tel: 07977-124016 or between 9 to 5 UK time 0116-2573176 Ken