Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Murray18822  
#1 Posted : 15 March 2011 10:57:49(UTC)
Murray18822

Any one able to offer a template for a Health and Safety Gap Analysis or point me in the direction for one please?
Steve Sedgwick  
#2 Posted : 15 March 2011 16:14:47(UTC)
Steve Sedgwick

Your question is a little broad but I will have a shot anyway hence the reason others haven't replied. A gap analysis on the whole of, or most of the matters in Health & Safety would be something like DNVs ISRS H&S management system that lays out the key HS arrangements and standards that are to be inplace. ie a full audit of all your HS Arrangements against a set standard If you have been asked to "do a gap analysis on your H&S" then I suggest that you ask that person to be more specific otherwise you will try and provide something that wasn't expected. Steve
Murray18822  
#3 Posted : 15 March 2011 16:17:44(UTC)
Murray18822

Many thanks Steve. Looking for gap analysis of a health and safety management system. Was wondering why no comments!!!
teh_boy  
#4 Posted : 15 March 2011 16:34:32(UTC)
teh_boy

Murray18822 wrote:
Many thanks Steve. Looking for gap analysis of a health and safety management system. Was wondering why no comments!!!
Against HSG65? or against another standard? Is this for Diploma project? or real life? I spotted this the other day... http://www.hse.gov.uk/textiles/audit/index.htm The POPMR bits should work across all industries. I also have an audit from our insurers, can't share but maybe your insurers could provide similar? The otehr option is take HSG65 and go through each bit! I am sure others will provide other templates
Murray18822  
#5 Posted : 15 March 2011 16:37:48(UTC)
Murray18822

Many thanks teh_boy. Was going to develop one around HSG65 but thanks for the link
Paul3B  
#6 Posted : 16 March 2011 08:34:51(UTC)
Paul3B

Murray18822 I have developed a tool based on HSG65 and would be happy to share if you wanted to PM me your e-mail details. Paul
Paul501  
#7 Posted : 24 March 2011 14:28:37(UTC)
Paul501

I have developed and used a gap analysis document for the OHSAS 18001 Standard. Let me know if you want a copy.