Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 03 August 2004 11:45:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Shane Johnston Anyone able to give an update on the above ? Shane
Admin  
#2 Posted : 03 August 2004 12:27:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Neil Pearson Corporate killing is still legal at the moment! The Kill Bill is still being argued about, the last I read was that the government was still debating various details. There's supposed to be a draft Kill Bill before the end of the current parliamentary session, but we'll all believe that when we see it.
Admin  
#3 Posted : 03 August 2004 12:31:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Rob Strange The DWP Select Committee has just released its report into OSH and the HSC/E; one of their recommendations to the government is that the proposed legislation on corporate manslaughter be hastened to within the life of this parliament - we'll see! Rob Strange CE - IOSH
Admin  
#4 Posted : 03 August 2004 13:12:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Matt Green I had heard via the TUC mind you, that after recieving legal advice that ministers themselves could be prosecuted under this it was on hold once again. Apparently according to the report they may be liable if a death occurs in public services and it is traced to their funding methodology.
Admin  
#5 Posted : 03 August 2004 13:12:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Matt Green I had heard via the TUC mind you, that after recieving legal advice that ministers themselves could be prosecuted under this it was on hold once again. Apparently according to the report they may be liable if a death occurs in public services and it is traced to their funding methodology.